Cash donations are best. The funds are used to purchase fresh produce and other healthy food options. Bulk purchase and access to the Food Terminal allows us better buying power, and each donated dollar can purchase the equivalent of $3.00 worth of fresh food!
Ways to donate:
• cheque (made out to St. James Food Basket)
• credit card
• PayPal’s secure portal
Donations over $20, as well as on-line donations, are eligible for tax receipts, which are issued at the end of the calendar year unless otherwise requested.
For more information about making a donation and picking up tax receipts, contact us.
Our Wish List:
• canned fish
• canned or dry legumes
• whole grains
• sugar and honey
• cooking oil
• coffee and teas
• baby diapers
• toiletry items (shampoo/conditioner, soap, toothpaste etc.)
• personal care products (sanitary pads/tampons/incontinence products)
• gently used children’s books
• clean winter coats, all sizes
• toilet paper
• pet food